The 2018 edition of the Instant HR Policies and Procedures has just been released.
In this edition …
- Chapter 2 – Conditions of Employment – Casual to Permanent Conversion
- Chapter 2 – Conditions of Employment – Time Off in Lieu.
- Chapter 6 – Information Technology – Data Breaches.
- Chapter 6 – Information Technology – Smartphones & Tablets. New procedures relating to smartphone and tablets, as well as BYOD (Bring your own devices). Inclusion of recognition that answering calls/emails outside of allocated working hours is classed as time worked under your award/industrial agreement/individual contract.
- Recruitment and Selection Checklist
- Change of Pay Rate
- Chapter 1 – Recruitment & Selection – Position Descriptions – Other Requirements extended to include use of private smartphones or tablets, and private vehicles for business related use.
- Chapter 1 – Recruitment & Selection – Pre-Employment Safety Screening – Police Check. Clarified the anti-discrimination requirements.
- Chapter 1 – Recruitment & Selection – extended the initial section relating to activities to undertake before advertising a vacant position.
- Chapter 2 – Conditions of Employment – Payroll Processing. Clarified provision relating to withholding of pay until a timesheet is submitted.
- Chapter 2 – Conditions of Employment – Long Service Leave. More guidance given on where to find the state legislation that covers long service leave as the provisions vary from state to state. Chapter 2 – Conditions of Employment – Christmas Closedown. Christmas Closedown clarified to refer to the award or agreement.
- Chapter 2 – Conditions of Employment – Travel. Travel Allowance – included reference to the ATO rates for reasonable rates for domestic and overseas travel, as well as including the term “per diem” for industries that use that term.
- Chapter 2 – Conditions of Employment – Abandonment of Employment. Reference to check awards/agreements before including this clause as some awards/agreements have additional requirements). Additional sentence in relation to inclusion of consequences for non-respond.
- Chapter 3 – Performance, Learning & Development – Unsatisfactory Work Performance – Amended reference to the Unsatisfactory Work Performance Letter rather than a memo.
- Chapter 4 – Code of Conduct – Conflict of Interest. New example added to highlight problems of being in a close personal relationship with another team member.
- Chapter 5 – Safety & Security – Workplace Violence – Section on Armed Hold-Ups changed to Robbery and Hold-ups to take into account findings from an unfair dismissal case Mistry v Woolworths (Fair Work Commission, 2017) that found the person was unfairly dismissed for not following the armed hold up procedure because there was no visible gun.
- Chapter 5 – Safety & Security – First Aid. Expanded provisions relating to what to do when providing first aid.
- Chapter 6 – Information Technology to better reflect the different types of IT equipment and smartphone supply and reimbursement.
- Chapter 7 – Administration & Support – Telephones. Changed the section heading “Telephones” in Section 7 to Answering Telephones to more clearly define what the section is about.
- Chapter 7 – Administration & Support – Motor Vehicles, extended to include private vehicles driven for work related purposes.
- Orientation Manual Updated to reflect the changes above.
- Changed ABCD to Abcd to make it easier to search and replace your company name without turning the name to all capitals.
- Minor grammar, spelling and formatting tweaks to simplify the document even further.
The HR Manual is just $297 Incl. GST for pre-prepared templates, forms, employee policies, procedures and guidelines.
Need help with your HR?
The Instant HR Policies and Procedures Manual saves weeks of work in creating compliant human resources policies for your team.
HR Author and Lecturer with over 25 years’ experience in human resources and workplace relations in Australia. Lead Author of Instant HR Policies & Procedures, NDIS Direct Employment HR Manual, and Employee Performance Reviews: Tips, Templates and Tactics.