What Managers Should Know About Employee Performance Reviews
Struggling with employee performance?
But too often people just fill in the forms and wonder why they didn’t get the results they were looking for. Or, they are suddenly faced by an employee in tears, or who gets angry during their performance appraisal. Or, they have to deal with a poor performer.
These everyday events can trip up the most experienced managers – and derail your whole employee review process unless you know what to do.
Employee Performance Reviews: Tips Templates & Tactics can help!
Why choose Employee Performance Reviews: Tips, Templates & Tactics?
Easy to follow processes
Simple to customise
Written in plain English
A Note From the Lead Author
My name is Ingrid Moyle and I am the lead author of Employee Performance Reviews: Tips Templates & Tactics. I have spent 25+ years at senior levels of Human Resources, working with organisations from start-ups hiring their first employee through to leading large teams of HR experts looking after 7000 employees.
I have lectured in Employment Relations at ACU in Brisbane and have worked in central government organisations including the Queensland Industrial Relations Commission.
One of my areas of specialisation is performance management. I worked with each company to create the performance management system that was right for their business and their culture.
I trained managers and their team members on performance reviews, and then sat with each manager as their personal coach during their first round of reviews.
That means I have been part of literally many hundreds of reviews over the years and have trained a few thousand people. And all this expertise has been put into this pack!
What You Will Learn From the Performance Review Pack
Discover these vital performance management answers.
- The 4 stages of performance management (everything else is just window dressing).
- Powerful reasons for both managers and employees to conduct performance reviews.
- How to get your employees buy-in to the performance review process.
- 13 things you MUST do before each review.
- Why location, location, location – is not just for real estate.
- The one key ingredient that, if missing, will make your employee reviews fail.
- Brilliant questions to ask to get the most out of your employees.
- How to set performance measures that actually work.
- Tips to deal with salary and bonus issues.
- Strategies on how to conduct probation reviews – so you can quickly get a new employee up to speed in their role (and make a better assessment of whether or not they will fit).
- The nitty gritty stuff like – what do you say first, second and third during a review?
- How to manage an employee who cries, gets angry or goes silent on you.
- Techniques to deal with an employee who over-rates their own ability – what you need to do to bring them back into balance.
- Processes to manage learning and development.
- Strategies for dealing with poor performers – What do you do if someone is a nice enough person but just not performing?
- Procedures on how to deal with someone deliberately breaking the rules. If you get these steps wrong you could be in for a very costly experience before the courts. It pays to get these steps right!
"We have conducted some very successful performance reviews using the templates etc over the last week – much better than what we had used previously! I liked how it wasn’t just one solution to fit all. There is good information on how to conduct reviews and what to do with difficult ones. I also liked the sections on discipline and induction. The pack is very useful and cost-effective."Gail Pimm
"I like that the topics are split up into a series of sessions so that the learning focus can be targeted for each session. Very thorough.
The MP3 files are pleasant to listen to, the tone is very relaxed, as though having a conversation with you. I like that the product comes with transcripts of the MP3 files.
The many different examples of appraisal templates are very helpful. Fantastic value for money!"Jodie Manning
"I needed to do a performance review with one of my employees so needed to refresh my knowledge on this topic and get some templates to use. I found the mp3’s great – as I could listen to these from my phone. I liked the way you speak with confidence and experience of what really works in real life – not just management theory. Also the examples of what to say and what not to say."Tammy
"Comprehensive but still user-friendly."John Filewood
"It was clear and easy to use. The recorded training sessions were a bonus and easy to listen to, Ingrid’s voice is not grating and it was good to have an Australian accent as well. It reduced my workload considerably.
The package was pretty comprehensive, the difficult areas of non-performance and change management advice
It will save managers time and money, it is good value for money and if the advice is applied will probably save expensive HR mistakes being made. The practical advice on change management and difficult reviews will help those with minimal HR resources and help them recognise potential problems before they happen. It helps produce a professional sound framework in HR which is easy to follow and use."Suzanne Kuzio
"I own a very small company and recently had to do my first employee review ever. Your book was just what I needed! Thanks
"I was looking for a simple, easy-to-use guide for performance reviews. Employee Performance Reviews simply outlined the process for reviews and was most informative. I particularly liked the templates and the guide on how to conduct performance reviews, as well as the specific information regarding setting the scene and 10 great questions."Nicola Robson
Click Here to buy Employee Performance Reviews: Tips, Templates & Tactics + All The Bonuses
Total Cost Just $27.50 Incl. GST