While we deliberately have not extended the HR Policies and Procedures Manual to cover workplace health and safety given the diversity of businesses that use our manual, this topic became such a common request that we have added in a new policy.
Our new Safe Disposal of Discarded Needles (Sharps) policy covers:
- Assessing the situation.
- How to pick up and dispose of the needle/syringe.
- Appropriate containers for disposal and where to get them.
- Safety tips – why gardening gloves and tongs are dangerous.
- How to dispose of the container once you have collected the discarded needle.
- What to do if you get a needlestick injury.
The new Safe Disposal of Discarded Needles (Sharps) is available now in the 2019 Edition of the HR Manual.
With this update, we have also updated the policy on Whistleblowers to reflect the new Treasury Laws Amendment (Enhancing Whistleblower Protections) Act 2019.
Current subcribers can log in now to the website to access the latest version of the Instant HR Policies and Procedures Manual.